Fun fact, looks like I will also get SailfishOS 3 on my trusty old Jolla Phone. It's old and clearly lacking some RAM, but still works.
I tend to buy new mobile devices every 5 or so years and choose them carefully. So far pretty happy with my choices. The time as come.
SailfishOS seems like it will remain a great fit for me: able to run Android apps, including from @fdroidorg , but not an Android-based OS in itself, and so completely ungoogled.
Two guys brightened up my day today: first the #FedEx guy whistling as he arrived, gave me a cheerful greeting, and whistled as he left. Next the #Foodora guy delivered my lunch with a big smile and palpable positive energy. Both are #Finns. Is there something in the air today? 🙂 🙃 🤗
Anyhow, positive feeling can be contagious. I find myself smiling through work and meetings today. Similarly, negative feelings can spread virally and exponentially. Which one would you choose to pass on? 😊
A great visualization of yearly temperature anomalies from the last 150 years: https://www.flickr.com/photos/150411108@N06/43350961005/in/photostream #climate #temperature #environment
I don't think I'll ever get tired of these absolutely incredible thunderstorms.
There are many things I love about Japan, but by far it's the mountains that continue to take my breath away.
These are from my weekend trip to Kitadake, the second highest peak in Japan.
Unfortunately, a badly sprained ankle on the most dangerous part of the ridge meant I experienced my first helicopter evacuation. A good lesson in humility and gratitude.
The Jumping Spider is the second most diverse family of spiders present in Ohio. Considered to be among the most intelligent of spiders, the Jumping Spider can also jump up to twenty times its own body length.
Image captured with a Nikon D7200, Nikkor 40mm f1.8 micro lens, Nikon SB-800 speedlight, and an InterFit STR110 Diffuser, processed with Adobe Lightroom Classic CC.
Who knows a good front end dev? How is it possible that we are having a hard time filling a #job for @greenpeace international 1st #FOSS project? Peeps - please share: https://workfor.greenpeace.org/vacancies/details/front-end-developer/
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!