Nice shot, but the marbles still feel a bit dull.
Just an idea, but as you wrote you use a light tent, would it be possible to get light also from under the tent? As a way to brighten up the marbles?
I will have to get a piece of white plexiglass and raise it up so I can get some light underneath and see if that would help. We will see how that goes.
@youcantoo You don't "have to"..;-) I'm just sprouting idea's.
Actually I think the lightbox is part if the problem. It's purpose is to get a nice even light, but that also means no highlights and that's just what I see here, beautiful even light..
@youcantoo Anyhow, to get light from below a piece of not too thick hardboard, 4 tins of backed beans and a led flashlight or smt alike would do too.. ;-) or the glass out of an old frame. As long as it's strong enough to make a tableau with the tins on which you can construct the whole thing. I personally love the whole DIY thing of trying to sort out how to do these things. 😊
I will have to look around and see what I can dig up
@youcantoo succes.. I have one more idea, but that involves photoshop/gimp or something alike.. I might give it a try this weekend too..;)
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!