I never had a XS but did have the XSI before getting my T3i and finally my SL2/200D. The older dlsr's can still get great images. I will eventually pair the XS with a short range zoom lens and pass it along to someone just getting into DSLR's. For $24 bucks, I just couldn't pass it by.
Glad to hear it has moved you to get yours out and dusted off. The 18-55mm is a good kit lens, but it is always nice to have a good long reaching zoom lens.
If you decide to continue and later get a zoom lens, may I suggest using https://keh.com or https://usedphotopro.com/
both have a good selection of used gear at good prices and good warranties., I have purchased a lot of my gear for both companies, and would recommend then to anyone looking for good used gear.
A Canon EF-S 55-250mm lens would be a good general lens for the XS. You should be able to find them for about $100.00 in good to excellent condition used. It was made for a EF-S mount so it is fairly small and light weight. It has Image Stabilization. Personally I believe it captures clearer images then the Sigma 50-200mm lens does. Just my 2 cents
It looks like they have sold it. It appears that both of the websites are out of lenses for the EF/EF-S in the 50-200mm range. It is a pretty popular range for zoom lenses. Given some time and I am sure they will have more in stock.
I would go crazy if I had to wait to the end of the coming month to get my lens. Heck I find it hard to wait for a regular shipment in 5 days or less. Glad that you were able to find one. The cost of shipping is a killer for sure and then combine it with customs and the nonsense it is just crazy. The government always wants their share for sure. Am looking forward to seeing some of the images you get with your new lens...
Man 2015 is like forever ago. 😀 My cell phone sucks with photos- matter in fact it just sucks all-together. Just remember the more you play with that DSLR, the better you will eventually become. Good luck with using your DSLR and hope to see some of the photographs you manage to take with it.
One of my photos from way back in 2015. A shadow rider
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!