Another smokey day. The fires are now less the 20 miles from the house and the smoke is getting thicker and you can now see light gray ash falling.
The smoke fills the Willamette Valley from Portland in the North to past Eugene in the South. That is over 100 miles in length
We now have over 35 fires burning across Oregon
It is a eerie to see stuff like this.
@youcantoo Friend of mine had a vacation planned in Medford a few days ago. He took pictures on the way down, this one was from mid-afternoon on I-5.
They were called by the hotel on the way down, and told that the hotel had to evacuate, so their room wasn't probably going to be available.
That is ashamed they had their vacation interrupted in that way. We have over 35 wild fires burning across the state now. This mess is going to last a few more days for sure. I do see that there is rain in the short term weather forecast. That will be a welcomed for sure
@youcantoo I was surprised they had even started the drive down there.
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!