@youcantoo that's stunning! I really don't know anything about astrophotography but with the right conditions could I take a comparable picture with a 200mm lens?
You know I don't know the answer to this question. I've never taken any photos of the planet with a 200mm lens. I guess I could tru using a Sigma 55-200mm lens I have and see what kind of results I end up with. That is really the best answer I can give you at the moment
I went out to try getting a image with a 200mm lens but the clouds have already moved back in and I was unable to even see it. Heck I couldn't even get a clear shot of the moon. It will be several days now before we are suppose to have clear skies again here.
@youcantoo Thank you!! sorry to hear the sky was not cooperating. As soon as I catch some good weather here I will do some tests as well
@overripeegg - still not good for a view of Jupiter here, but I did get a shot of the moon between clouds.
Canon SL2/200D - Sigma DC 50-200mm OS HSM Lens
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!