I took this with my phone to use as a reference for a photo I took with another camera. I wasn't intending to do anything with it, but I find it *fascinating* that the phone's digital zoom function makes it look like it's made up of brushstrokes instead of pixels.
(Though personally, I've never understood why digital zoom is implemented as a resize instead of just cropping to a lower resolution.)
@kelsonv A carry over from when digital sensors had tiny resolutions so cropping would be ridiculous.
Doesn't explain why they don't do that now, except I guess, people still want the full size image (even if most of them never do anything with that size).
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!