📣 Useful Info 📣
The link below heads to a really good break down of Mastodon, the UI and more. It's a really good starting point for some of the non-obvious aspects of Mastodon.
It was put together by @noelle and we thank them very much for keeping it up to date for all this time.
Some of the birds from today's lunchtime #AussieBirdCount
A Pied Currawong up close, Male King Parrot, Eastern Yellow Robin and a Tawny Frogmouth. All spotted from my veranda.
On the tech details side, all manually focussed using a Canon 400/5.6L + 2x TC on a EOS 1DMkIV.
Saturday, October 17, 2020
Upper West Side, Manhattan, NY
A group of skateboarders passing by 61st Street, racing down Broadway from 116th Street to the Charging Bull sculpture in the annual Broadway Bomb. The guy in the red shirt won the race for the ninth or tenth year in a row.
With so much less traffic in New York City than usual for this time of the year, many of the skaters went flying by a lot faster, especially the motorized boards and uniwheels.
Spotted a troop of Long-tailed Macaques (Macaca fascicularis) at a carpark at Upper Seletar Reservoir, Singapore, on 18 Oct. 2020. I took this one of a youngster being groomed by an adult.
Long-tailed Macaques are common in SIngapore. Minimising interactions with them is recommended to keep possible dangerous situations at a minimum.
On iNaturalist [ https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/62878692 ].
In this morning's Bird Count, I saw or heard, a lot of Bell Miners, a good number of Spangled Drongos, some Lewin's Honeyeaters, a White-throated Treecreeper, Brown Thornbill, Welcome Swallows, Cockatoos, and Parrots, plus this Pied Currawong, and the non-bird was a very shiny blue butterfly.
A few more photos from my sunrise hike up to The Storr, the highest point on the Trotternish peninsula of Skye. 👍
There's more photos here, if you're feeling nosey https://www.iancylkowski.com/blog/2020/10/17/the-storr-isle-of-skye-autumn
#Admin of this instance
Please reach out
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!