The Wizard's Hat of Ogwen https://www.iancylkowski.com/blog/2019/6/23/the-wizards-hat-of-ogwen
All the weather forecasts today were pointing to a giant thunderstorm arriving at some point in the afternoon so Lisabet and I got up and out first thing, and went to see an old friend: Tryfan.
Mountains Are The Beginning And The End Of All Natural Scenery https://www.iancylkowski.com/blog/2019/6/17/mountains-are-the-beginning-and
John Ruskin, author of the above quote, was many things during the Victorian era: artist, writer, art critic, philosopher. But he was also a social revolutionary.
The weather’s been pretty dreich this week, especially today. So here’s a happier shot from a couple of weeks ago, taken from the shores of Elter Water.
The Rainbow Above The Cliff https://www.iancylkowski.com/blog/2019/6/6/the-rainbow-above-the-cliff
Not long after I got my shiny new Sigma dp0 Quattro I went hiking up a nearby hill just west of Kendal: Scout Scar.
The Revelation of Light https://www.iancylkowski.com/blog/2019/6/5/the-revelation-of-light
It would be fair to say that the Lake District doesn’t shine a light compared to the natural splendour and fecundity of New Zealand, especially New Zealand’s South Island. But we have our own little charms, right?
The Town of Tug o' War https://www.iancylkowski.com/blog/2019/5/25/the-town-of-tug-o-war
I’ve been around Northumberland many times in the last few years, but never took the opportunity to properly explore Berwick-upon-Tweed: the most northerly town in England.
The Lake District Wakes Up https://www.iancylkowski.com/blog/2019/5/18/the-lake-district-wakes-up
In recent weeks the Lake District has really started to come alive again. Check the blog out to see where and how this photo was made. 👍
The Arrochar Alps, after seeing The Cobber https://www.iancylkowski.com/loch-lomond-the-trossachs-glasgow-sterling-spring-2019
Whilst we didn’t get to properly see the mountain (Cobbler) due to hill fog, the view back down was just as spectacular.
My Mission: to show off the natural & architectural beauty of Britain to the world.
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!