When I leave the house I pretty much always have a knife on my person. Lots of other people I know do too.
We’re senior managers, chefs, software developers, and designers. We’re VPs, directors, baristas, and artists.
We are not a threat to society. A knife is a tool. Having a knife in the car is not a reason to be shot by police.
Fuck the police saying it is. They’re making excuses for murder.
Comet C/2020 f3 (NEOWISE) https://ift.tt/2ZJAWDA
Thanks @Smogranch for the kick in the ass (via his youtube vids) to actually get to printing. I've got a similar edit going from the NYC stuff last fall, but found myself looking at these and wanted to do something with them.
Anyway, the count is at 240 photos from the rough edit. Process from here is to cut out the obvious chaff (doubles, things that don't shine) and make work prints. Sequence and cut more. Get to anywhere from 30-100 images (60 is a sweet spot) and do layout. Print on Blurb.
2) The tech for post-processing the raw files is a _lot_ better. A lens that I hated and got rid of basically as soon as I got back in the spring can actually look ok with a little slider twiddling.
1) I used to shoot a lot more, but I also had a way higher percentage of 'technical misses'. Blown exposure, bad focus. I do that less now, but I think I should probably shoot more. Some of the best photos are well past the point where a reasonable person would have stopped
Isn't this just a delightful little web page? https://www.robinsloan.com/sloanstarter/ (also the story is great and worth having/unlocking for everyone!)
walking during the early onset period https://ift.tt/2BILLfP
false vacuum collapse https://ift.tt/2Zc5P28
the last night out (zero fucks) https://ift.tt/37ZfmNT
pushing off the top of the backlog https://ift.tt/2NqtuWU
ended up just cutting the notches, will stream actual welding tomorrow. Setup seems ok, but I'm making stupid mistakes.
live over at http://twitch.com/photomattmills, going to do a little fitting and welding if if doesn't get too late
He/Him, I'm new here, please say hi and tell me what you think of the photos (also if I should have CW'd something and didn't)
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!