So I've started a new thing.
The strength and beauty of the pure human body. ^__^
Currently just an instagram, but more to come:
I was out biking today, and a few guys were doing this large drop.
I grabbed my rarely used backup backup camera, and it was configured all wrong. Fuck knows what I was doing with it last! And I think buttons got bumped while it was rattling around on the floor of the car.
Anyway, I shot this guy doing cool things at ISO 25,000 on an old Olympus E-M1, and...
It's a confetti festival, if I'm being honest. This is the best I could do.
I'm trying to break away from 'as is' studio shots and apply a little creativity to my images... But it's difficult. I am a technician, not an artist.
But I quite like this colour treatment of a photo from last weekend.
This is Kirsty in the NFGstudio. ^__^
The same large client I complained about yesterday told me today that they didn't like the photos I took of a local park, because it didn't look like their example photos.
That's right, an old park covered in dead grass during a drought is not as pretty as a freshly laid lawn in a new park.
Also, I am sorry I couldn't get golden sunrise light in a swamp in a quarry in a gully.
A large client emailed me recently, saying they weren't totally happy with some shots from a recent production in a local park.
Part of the brief included some multi-layer composited scenes.
But when they requested the final list of images, no composites were requested, so I didn't send them any.
And then they said "the sky is too dramatic and competes with the foreground"
...They SPECIFICALLY asked me to not produce a white sky. Fuck OFF.
Full time photog in Brisbane, Australia. I shoot athletes, mostly.
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!