We did a night tour with Australian Nature Guides last night and saw heaps of glider possums. We even saw two Greater Gliders gliding (they don’t do that much because like koalas they feed on gum leaves and need to conserve energy) and many Yellow-belly gliders gliding (they are omnivorous).
Twas freezing outside but well worth it.
I *should* have been processing photos from the weekend today (History Alive), but after doing a quick initial cull (9.4% culled, not a bad hit rate), I ran some errands, did some shopping, baked some nut bars for the camping trip, prepared the pie filling for the pie I'm baking tomorrow, made a small pavlova from the leftover egg whites, and am now making dinner.
Maybe it should be called photo procrastination, rather than photo processing.
Basic product shot lighting:
Move you product away from the backdrop.
Light backdrop with bright consistent colour lights. You can place a shield between them and the product to avoid spill.
Then light your product independently. Use more power (or less distance) on one than the other to accentuate shape. Using umbrellas helps reduce unwanted shadows but aren’t essential.
Zoom in with your lens to keep shadows out of frame.
You can use any lights provided the same colour.
Lockheed L-749A Super Constellation. The b&w photo is one my Grandfather took at #Amsterdam airport in 1951. It's the plane they immigrated to Australia on.
The colour photo is the same model of aircraft, but not the same plane. I shot it at the Avalon Airshow in 2017. I believe it's the last flying Constellation in Australia.
Photographer, foodie, Dad Joke aficionado from Cedar Creek, Old, Australia. Mostly a Canon EOS system shooter with some fairly decent lenses.
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!