Critters spotted around the University of Queensland today (I had to work this morning (saturday) due to staff computer rollouts).
A corella striking a pose in the morning light, a Tawny Frogmouth asleep in a teatree, an Eastern Waterdragon really loving his branch, and a Bin Chicken (Australian White Ibis) on a park chair.
#photo #photography #nature #AustralianWildlife
Female King Parrot, on my veranda bird feeder.
This shot was a bit of an experiment. I shot if from the corner of the house, on the 1DMkIV, with a 400/5.6L and 2x TC.
800mm optical focal length with a 1.3x crop sensor for a total effective field of view equivalent to 1040mm.
Shot on a tripod, and manually focused.
Another photo from the big camera today. Processed it all moody like. :D
Nikon D7000, Tamron 18-400mm, processed in Darktable.
One of the big camera pics from the hike today!
Nikon D7000, Tamron f18-400, processed in Darktable.
This is an image of the Chukar Partridge shot in Ladakh. In Indian and Pakistani culture this bird symbolises intense, often unrequited love and is thought to be in love with the moon and gazes at it constantly.
"When I beheld thy face mournful, lady, I wandered restlessly o'er the world, Thy face is like the moon, and my heart like the chakor" - translated from a Bengali song, have no idea which one or how popular.
Photographer, foodie, Dad Joke aficionado from Cedar Creek, Old, Australia. Mostly a Canon EOS system shooter with some fairly decent lenses.
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!