I had a late shift today, and had to take the youngest son to the train station before work, so I stopped off down the road at the creek in a couple of spots, to take some running water photos. It's been a while since the creek had sufficient water in it to be photographic, and a few days since the last rain, so the water is clear again.
I should try to make more time to wander down there more often.
#photo #landscape #creek #water #rocks #nature
@david Unrelated, but here's an interesting article I read about native Aussie cockatoos and corellas acting as natural invasive weed eaters.
This morning, I looked out the back door, and spied a mother and older joey pair of Red-necked Wallabies in the backyard (yes, we need to mow).
The mother is the one standing up as far as I can tell, with the Joey near the ferns.
Some Sulphur-crested Cockatoos from the other morning on the veranda.
They are quite intelligent birds, and show a lot of character. If they didn't turn up in large numbers and weren't destructive when bored, they'd be lovely to have around.
Gah, that's what you get for typing one-handed with a bird feeding out of the other one - it's not a Crimson Rosella, it's a King Parrot.
Happy water droplet fun times this afternoon :) Natural light in front of a window, no flash, water bottle with two holes in filled with water and purple ink, balanced between two stacks of boxes over a glass dish of water filled to the brim with green ink and glitter in it. ^.^
ISO 5000-ish, F16, 1/1600s . Nikon Z6, Tamron f2.8 90mm, processed in Darktable. #Photography
Photographer, foodie, Dad Joke aficionado from Cedar Creek, Old, Australia. Mostly a Canon EOS system shooter with some fairly decent lenses.
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!