Many (esp. Australians), saw the appalling video of a wombat being stoned to death by a South Australian Police Officer. The Wombat Awareness Organisation of South Australia runs a sanctuary and rehabilitation centre for wombats, and has put a call out for donations.
If you've got a few spare dollars, flick some here: https://www.wombatawareness.com
to help feed and care for wombats suffering in the drought.
This morning's birdfeeder visitors.
Australian King Parrots. The female spent all the time on the feeder and the male fluttered about eating the scraps she dropped.
The photos are pretty ordinary, since we have my daughter's cat here, and thus I couldn't open the back door, therefore they are shot through dirty windows instead.
I'm still sick, and therefore at home, but there was a golden lining on that cloud today. While getting my lunch ready, I looked outside, and to my surprise, there was a Swamp Wallaby in the backyard feeding on lantana and native grasses (the only green things left).
Had a new visitor the property today, a female Paradise Riflebird.
They're fairly common up on Mt Glorious (about 2km as the bird flies), but I've never seen them around home. It might be a sign of how dry everything is at the moment that they're expanding their territory.
On the way back to the car this arvo, I came across an Australasian Darter who'd bitten off more than it could chew. It was valiantly trying to swallow a fish that clearly was never going to fit, but it was amusing watching it try.
Then, below the Conifer Knoll carpark, on the soccer field, I spied the duckling family, so went down to join them and try to get some more photos of ducklings.
I came across another duck family this afternoon leaving work. This one consisted of 6 fairly new ducklings and two fairly laid back parents (usually Papa duck will hiss and run at anyone close, but this one didn't mind me being about 3.5-4m away).
Photographer, foodie, Dad Joke aficionado from Cedar Creek, Old, Australia. Mostly a Canon EOS system shooter with some fairly decent lenses.
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!