Adding to the small bird count this morning, is this Peaceful Dove. One of two tiny dove species that live in Australia (the other being the Diamond Dove that lives further west).
These guys grow to 19-24cm (beak to tail).
And yes, that is a sulphur-crested cockatoo in the tree behind it.
Look who was pipping loudly on my clothesline this morning. A Striated Pardalote.
These guys make a loud "cheep .... cheep cheep" call so are easily identified, but not always easy to spot (the call itself being one of those that is difficult to locate, and they're very small).
A couple of "big camera" shots of our little backyard creek in full flow.
I used the 17-40 f/4 lens for these, something I'd not used in a while. It's still probably one of the most ordinary L series lenses Canon makes. Does the job at that price point, but isn't amazing.
Photographer, foodie, Dad Joke aficionado from Cedar Creek, Old, Australia. Mostly a Canon EOS system shooter with some fairly decent lenses.
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!