When I was there, the #picture was already engraved in my mind even before it reaches the sensor of my camera.
What the picture don't tell is the hard walk to reach that point, the tough rivers I crossed, the dense forest I walked through, the heavy rain, the steep saddle, etc.
Stories & pictures: https://explorewilder.com/
A few seconds after I captured that peaceful #picture (left), the melting snow triggered an avalanche in a loud breaking noise and fell into the icy lake (right).
Same location with a different photographic inspiration, a different point of view, and a different mood.
Pal Peak (2818m), from the #Mercantour National Park, France.
GPS: lat. 44.180655, lon. 6.830975
Track + interactive map + story: https://explorewilder.com/stories/7/southeastern_france
#Blackandwhite #landscape #photography
Same location, same river (Makarora River in #NewZealand), same data source (from #LINZ), but many differences throughout time! You know water is moving, but the whole river is actually moving!
The red track is my GPS record. You can see how tricky the crossing was!
More details in my website: https://explorewilder.com/stories/1/exploration_of_new_zealand#gillespie-circuit
#KeepExploring #Satellite #FreeBirdsEye
Landscape & wildlife photographer in the middle of nowhere!
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!