Hi, I'm Kelson (he/him), a hobbyist photographer in the Los Angeles area. I tend to shoot #cityscapes, #landscapes & #nature, and occasionally cosplay. Lately I've been taking a lot of nature photos for #iNaturalist and posting some of the better ones here & on Flickr (https://flickr.com/kelsonv).
We explored the abandoned section of Lancaster Canal, known as the "Northern Reaches". Starting to be reclaimed by nature.
There's more photos here (and a bit of history, if you're interested) https://www.iancylkowski.com/blog/2020/5/30/lancaster-canals-northern-reaches-cumbria-spring 👍
Lockdowns have caused such a drop in air pollution levels over Nepal that Sagarmatha (Mount Everest) can be seen from Kathmandu for the first time in decades.
Also here is a Stellar's jay. I tend to see them in forested areas at the coast. I would compare their behavior to the scrub jay. They seem scrappy and paranoid. Don't like to be seen.
Here's a (kind of) bird that lives outside my house. It's a California scrub jay. We don't have blue jays here in Oregon, but we have these guys. Their color is very striking and their cry quite shrill. They are paranoid and hard to photograph or even spot sometimes, just looking like a blur of blue.
'Konica-TC and First Film'
Camera: Konica-TC/Hexanon 40mm F1.8
Film: Fomapan 400 Action
Developer: Ilford Perceptol (1+3) at 20°C for 21mins
Scan/PP: Canoscan 9950F
GIMP 2.10.18: crop/exposure/sharpen/frame.
Hobbyist photographer in the Los Angeles area. Mostly scenic shots, architecture & plants.
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!