I didn't actually use an interval timer, but I took enough extra frames I could make this little timelapse...
The moon moves surprisingly fast and always looks largest when it's very low on the horizon, so I kept dropping the tripod down and moving left to get a few more versions of the previous image, and then got a last couple shots of it further up in the sky... Still big and bright.
Extras from finding a spot to watch the moonrise...
A Sapphire Flutterer (Rhyothemis triangularis) spotted at Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve, Singapore, on 4 April 2020. My first photos of it. 🙂 This was at the pond near the entrance, which was buzzing with dragonflies today.
The Sapphire Flutterer is an uncommon local dragonfly with distinctive purplish blue patches on its wings. I knew what it was the moment I saw it.
On iNaturalist [ https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/41349200 ].
Black mist filter glowy lights example...
I also took a couple on the ricoh RDC-4200...
In the uncompressed tif mode it actually has a surprising amount of dynamic range + room to push exposure in editing.
The second one is a focus stack... I liked how I could give the buds a soft background by blurring the flowers at f/4, but I wanted more in focus, so I combined a bunch of exposures at f/4 + one at f/20. It sort of worked but I could have done a better job...
Taking pictures of my housemates' plants again...
I like to make images that encourage people to explore the world around them.
Pentax K-3, Ricoh GR, Coolpix A1000
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!