Sulphur-crested Cockatoos are notoriously mischievous and destructive when they are bored, as such we usually scare them off the bird feeder in case they should start to destroy the house.
However, they’ve now learnt to be quiet. I still hear them cracking the seed with their beaks though.
A small selection of new images from today's Government Allotted Outdoor Exercise period. Plenty more here https://www.iancylkowski.com/blog/2020/4/2/pandemic-peregrinations-kendal-fell-cumbria-spring 👍
"Okay, here's the scenario. You are a crew member on a starship."
"Space travel is slow, you'll be stuck with your crewmates a long time."
"So we must get along."
"Yes. Communicate, listen, share limited resources."
"I can do that. What's the starship called?"
#MicroFiction #TootFic #SmallStories
A White-bellied Sea-Eagle (Haliaeetus leucogaster) spotted at Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve on 4 April 2020. It flew in as we watched and landed on the branch to preen itself.
This is one of the resident sea-eagles at the reserve, and often seen by visitors who are delighted by them, especially when they fly low overhead.
On iNaturalist [ https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/41349192 ].
A Sapphire Flutterer (Rhyothemis triangularis) spotted at Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve, Singapore, on 4 April 2020. My first photos of it. 🙂 This was at the pond near the entrance, which was buzzing with dragonflies today.
The Sapphire Flutterer is an uncommon local dragonfly with distinctive purplish blue patches on its wings. I knew what it was the moment I saw it.
On iNaturalist [ https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/41349200 ].
From last Wednesday, elliptical galaxy M49. 20cm f3.9 Newtonian telescope. 9 min L, 3 min each RGB. Located in Virgo and part of the Virgo cluster of galaxies, M49 is about 52 Mly away from us. #astrophoto
From last Wednesday, Open cluster M48 - 20cm f3.9 Newtonian telescope, 8 min L, 5 min each RGB. It is located about 2500 ly from Earth in the constellation of Hydra. #astrophoto
.:: Chilling with butterflies ::.
Have a good & safe week Mastodon ! You're not alone in this !
A peek of the peaceful outside world ... :)
Imagine you're in a grass field, moss tickling your toes, and take a deep breathe !
- #mastoart #art #nature #peaceful -
:: Better res on website ::
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!