@youcantoo Thank you!! sorry to hear the sky was not cooperating. As soon as I catch some good weather here I will do some tests as well
This summer my brother and me hiked across the Apuan alps park for a total of a week. Just the two of us and a tent, for most of the hike we did not meet a soul. But the presence of humankind lingered throught, in the quarries where the famous Carrara marble is extracted. The disfigurment inflicted on the land starkly contrasted with the pristine wilderness we inhabited.
I am going to explore the impressions I left on me by the experience in the next posts
Midtown Manhattan, NY
Cranes In the Mist
These cranes keep getting higher and higher…. The first time I saw them a few weeks ago it was just the flashing red light on top of one that I mistook for a burglar alarm inside one of the offices in the skyscraper.
The vague black shapes on the left side of the skyscraper are people up on The Edge, the highest outdoor observation de ck in the western hemisphere.
I've got some more new work for you! Here's Glen Brittle on the Isle of Skye, famous for the Fairy Pools. 😍
Loads more photos here, if you want https://www.iancylkowski.com/blog/2020/10/24/glen-brittle-isle-of-skye-autumn 👍
A Phasey Bean (Macroptilium lathyroides) spotted at Sungei Tengah, Singapore, on 24 Oct. 2020.
Phasey Beans are tropical American plants now found in many area of the tropics. It's bright red flowers caught my attention.
On iNaturalist [ https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/63378043 ].
Needed some patience and slow manoeuvring before I got this shot of a Common Grass Yellow (Eurema hecabe) puddling on the ground as it kept taking off at any sudden movement. Taken at Sungei Tengah, Singapore, on 24 Oct. 2020.
'Puddlng' is a butterfly or moth behaviour where it extracts nutrients from the wet soil, dung or carrion.
On iNaturalist [ https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/63378309 ].
@mpmilestogo Thank you! Invite accepted, and I’m bringing the beer! Enjoyed your trip reports a lot, sir 😊
Hi Everyone, I'm experimenting quite a lot with lenses & techniques...basically having FUN with photography. All Suggestions Welcomed....
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!