A Red Dwarf-Honey Bee (Apis florea) spotted gathering pollen at Coney Island, Singapore, on 17 Oct 2021. I got close to it as it was busy and not bothered by an inquisitive photographer. 🙂
These bees are smaller than the usual Asian or European (domesticated) Honey Bees.
On iNaturalist [ https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/98464211 ]
Fungus growing termites (Macrotermes carbonarius) spotted in the Hougang area on 16 Oct 2021. They are gathering from a loaf of bread found on the ground. I was expecting to see ants, so seeing termites instead was a bit of a surprise.
These termites feed on crops of fungus that they grow. Plant material is fed to the fungus, so the bread here is probably for the fungus.
On iNaturalist [ https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/98362441 ]
Listening to this by Mary. https://music.apple.com/us/album/the-end-of-my-pirate-days/525056760?i=525057735.
Hi Everyone, I'm experimenting quite a lot with lenses & techniques...basically having FUN with photography. All Suggestions Welcomed....
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!