Naturally-occurring asphalt (yes, #LosAngeles had asphalt millennia before it had cars!) seeps out of the ground all over the area. Portable fences keep people from stepping in it. #Prehistoric animals were less fortunate, and a museum houses an incredible array of #IceAge fossils found here.
(Flashback to 2013, can't believe I hadn't posted it here yet.)
@kelsonv !!! I went to this, I remember being really amused at the morbid choice of sculpture. My LA friend was really proud of it though. It was cool, but I guess I'd just come from LACMA so I was a bit like "why are we looking at tar"
@sajan Did you go to the natural history museum too? There's a fascinating collection of fossils including hundreds of dire wolf skulls found in the area.
@kelsonv unfortunately not! Next time I go i'll have to check it out. The Natural History Museum here is my favourite building in London (partially for the building itself)
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!