Finally made it out to the botanical gardens up in the hills for a hike. They've actually stayed open this whole time by requiring reservations to limit the number of people on the grounds at a time. (Also face masks, distancing, and closing off benches and some sections.)
Ironically there were more people there than I usually see. The limits must be against an increased demand due to the fact that they were actually open!
Some of the local wildlife spotted at the gardens.
I didn't have much luck photographing #birds this time, but I did catch some good shots of this one. Though I'm not sure what it is. Maybe a warbler?
This #squirrel was one of three that scattered as I approached a trail junction. The other two hid. This one froze. It blended in very well!
@aldersprig It's an amphitheatre. And more or less the only place to sit down other than the lawns that hadn't been blocked off.
@aldersprig I'm surprised they didn't, actually. There are several areas they just blocked off, and they could have easily done it with this one.
@firstname.lastname@example.org oh, neat.
This makes me want to go to a nearby park tomorrow and see what they've done. Maybe I will.
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!